- Put up a bird box and see who takes up residence.
- Leave a dead tree or snag standing on your farm or property.
- Keep your cat indoors.
- Plant native plants – bird habitat, at home.
- Use less plastic.
- Take your own bags to the supermarket.
- Volunteer for a beach clean-up event, or just go down there by yourself and pick up some trash.
- Don’t use pesticides or herbicides in your garden.
- Cut up plastic 6-pack soda rings.
- Maintain a clean bird feeder.
You can review and share more Earth Day tips at California Audubon’s website.